Açai Bowl Recipe
Açai bowls are one of my very favorite breakfasts and post-workout meals — I absolutely love their frosty texture and piling all sorts of different toppings. Açai bowls are pretty much a daily staple for me, as someone who follows a whole foods, plant-based diet. And, while I love to mix-and-match different flavors and find new favorite combinations, there is one specific recipe that is my very favorite that I can always rely on if I don’t want to try something new. When I first started making homemade açai bowls, I thought they would be difficult to make. Once I made a few and got the proportions down, I realized they are actually pretty and easy and super fun to create. So, today I wanted to share my favorite açai bowl recipe, so that you can make them at home, too!
- 1 heaping tablespoon açai powder
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- Berries of your choice — I used blueberries and blackberries
- A few tablespoons granola
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, melted
- Chia seeds, flaxseeds, and/or coconut flakes (optional — I left them out this day)
- Dried rose petals (optional)
(It’s really quite simple!)
- Blend açai powder, frozen strawberries, and almond milk until smooth. You can add a few ice cubes if you want it to be a bit icier and frostier.
- Arrange your toppings in whatever order you prefer. I prefer to drizzle the peanut butter as the first layer, and then sprinkle everything else on top. Enjoy!
Have you tried açai bowls yet? What is your favorite açai bowl recipe?
Trackback from your site.