Brunch so Hard
Brunch is most definitely my favorite meal of the week (if you couldn’t guess by my blog name!). And, as many recipes as I share with you guys, I realized I’ve never really written about some of my favorite breakfast or brunch menus! While there are many classic brunch dishes, a lot of them have eggs, butter, or some other animal product. And, unless you go to a vegan restaurant, it’s very hard to find suitable brunch options when you go out (I always end up with oatmeal and a side of fruit… Not the most exciting, lol). Luckily I love having a relaxing brunch at home — it’s pretty much a Sunday morning tradition for me!
One of my favorite dishes is waffles; I seriously am in love with them! When I went vegan, finding a vegan waffle recipe was pretty much my number one priority. After a bit of trial and error, I finally have a recipe that is to my liking, and today I’m sharing it with you. There are so many different ways you could serve these, but this is my personal favorite way, and it is just as easy as it is delicious. I hope you enjoy!
(for three fluffy waffles)
o1. 1 vegan egg substitute (I use Follow Your Heart)
02. 1 cups flour
03. 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
04. 1/4 cup vegetable oil
05. 1/2 tablespoon sugar
06. 2 teaspoons baking powder
07. A pinch of salt
08. 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
09. Dark chocolate chips, melted
10. Berries for garnishing
11. Coconut milk whipped cream (optional)
o1. Heat up your waffle iron.
02. Beat “eggs” in large bowl with hand beater. Add in flour, almond milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla, until smooth.
03. Spray preheated waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray, then pour mix into hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
04. Melt chocolate chips in microwave, using 30 second increments and stirring in between.
05. Drizzle dark chocolate and add berries to golden brown waffle. Enjoy!
What is your favorite brunch recipe?
Tags: vegan recipe
Trackback from your site.