Hot Cocoa, Warm Hearts
I am in love with having bonfires in the summertime. I always have s’mores and love the smell of the fire and sound of the popping/cracking wood, and of course watching the lightning bugs light up and listening to the sound of the crickets. But, that’s all stuff that’s saved for the warmer months.
Lately it has been so cold and chilly here that it made me crave summer nights like those, and that’s when it dawned on me: why not have an outdoor bonfire when it’s cold outside, when you really do need to warm up by a fire the most? So, that was exactly what I decided to do. I got everything together to have s’mores and hot cocoa (both vegan versions, of course) and dusted my fire pit off which had been stowed away for the colder months.
It was snow much fun to spend a little time warming up outside, and it was quite a different environment than I’m used to when sitting by a bonfire. So, today I just wanted to share a few photos and give you a little inspiration, and also share my easy peasy vegan hot chocolate recipe. I hope you enjoy!
(for one cup)
01. 1 cup almond milk
02. 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
03. 1.5 tablespoons dark chocolate, chopped
04. 1 tablespoon raw sugar
05. 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
06. 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
07. Coconut milk whipped cream (optional)
01. Pour almond milk into mug and microwave for about a minute.
02. Pour in cocoa powder, dark chocolate, and sugar, then whisk until combined.
03. Put back in microwave and heat to your preferred temperature.
04. Stir in vanilla and/or peppermint extract then top with coconut whipped cream. Enjoy!
What are your favorite ways to spend snow days?
Trackback from your site.